What makes a clutch a racing clutch?
- Racing clutches are made of a special iron that allows them to be certified by the racing industries sanctioning body SFI. This allows these parts to withstand the pressures of racing yet help keep the participant safe.
- This is done to try to insure safety.
- Although there are things that are done to clutches to get better performance, race clutches are not subject to the same abuse as the clutch in a standard automotive or truck application.
- Different forms of racing in different classes require different styles of clutches and different clutch set-ups. Check with your sanctioning body and your home track for the rules, regulations and limitations of your particular class of racing.
- We can help. We supply clutches to the race industry from dirt track racing through late model superstock all the way to top fuel dragsters.
- Call with your questions on racing clutches. We can help.
- Please Note: racing can be great fun. Let's keep it safe, honest and competitive.
- Do not be fooled by claims of some suppliers who do little more than paint the original factory clutch, call it high performance and charge you big dollars for it. Paint will not better the performance or speed of a clutch. These companies are getting very rich charging very high prices for a standard factory heavy-duty clutch assembly. The high profile name associated with racing does not mean that their product is better, it simply means that some of their clutches are race certified which in itself does not make them performance clutches.
- Don't be confused... a performance clutch is not a racing clutch and a racing clutch is not a performance clutch.
- So what is a performance clutch? Well, in order to assess the needs of the performance vehicle operator we must first find out what the customer expects this clutch to do. Different activities require vastly different features in a clutch. Performance clutches can be made better off the line or at top end speed.
- Some things can be changed in a pressure plate to better the performance, but most of the performance advantages are gained by improvements to the friction disc. Better friction material including such things as ceramic, feramic and kevlar. We can design a clutch to give you the performance where you want it.
- Some new state of the art formulations have recently come to the market in the clutch and braking industries. Some of these greatly improve performance as well as life expectancy; an example is kevlar. It improves performance, gives better grab off the line and better holding power at top speeds with greatly improved life yet it is gentle on the flywheel.
- We have a staff of clutch experts who are willing and able to tackle any clutch related problems you may have.
Call for info (North American Toll Free Phone)
Specialist in Clutch & Brakes for anything that moves
or stops anywhere.